Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Day Off Being Off.


Not entirely certain what my title means, but I couldn't think of anything else to write and that was the only thing that was coming to me. I did a whole lot of nothing today which was very nice. I got a lot of reading in, played a computer game where I am slowly taking over the known world, and watched a film; not essentially productive, but I can't really say that will always be my goal every day of my life. The film I watched is called Love, Wedding, Marriage and this type of film isn't my usual fare but I saw it on Netflix and looked at the cast and thought that it could be interesting at least. It's one of those films where you aren't looking for anything deep or well acted per se, which pretty much was this film. Mandy Moore, Kellan Lutz, Jane Seymour and James Brolin played the major roles. Mandy Moore has her Ph.D in Psychology and counsels married couples; her parents' perfect marriage was her inspiration, and Kellan Lutz plays her charming husband. However, she quickly discovers that her parent's marriage isn't all that she thought that it was and soon she is desperately trying to save it although not realizing at the time that her marriage is having difficulties as well. Well.......to tell you the honest truth, it wasn't that funny. There were some humorous moments, but for the most part it ran rather flat and struck me as more of a romantic drama trying to be funny at times than an actual comedy. Mandy Moore was lovely as was Jane Seymour; Mr. Lutz is working on his acting ability, but he's getting there, and is it me or does he look a lot like Chris Pine? I don't know if I'd ever see this film again or recommend it to anyone so I'm giving it a "Yearning Ability;" I know I say this a lot, but it could have been so much better. I don't know why filmmakers these days just don't put any effort hardly at all to the writing of the screenplay. Oh by the way, the Oscar nominations were released and the ceremony will be taking place on February the 28th. I will be projecting the winners in each category during the month, and the nominees that I would like to see win. Well time to move on to the rest of tonight's entertainment. We'll see how productive tomorrow is.


No comments:

Post a Comment