Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An Awakening.


Despite how lovely the day went, I awoke with his horrible crick in my neck for lack of a better technical word. Even now as I type, it is driving me nuts; no matter how much I stretch it, or kneed it with a back massage tool it doesn't go away. It vexes me. I saw Underworld: Awakening today and thought it was pretty good. Filled with all kinds of action and new characters, but it was also really short in its length which was disappointing. I was also mildly annoyed by the severe shortage of character development, especially since there were all new characters, except for Selene. If you like that kind of genre and action then you'll really enjoy this film; I was never bored once while watching it. I got a television antennae while I was Target so I could watch President Obama's state of the union address. Of course I couldn't get the bloody thing to work until after the speech, but thank goodness for Youtube. Now I can watch all of the local channels without paying for them, and I have Netflix as well, and the channels coming in amazingly well for such a small antennae. I won't comment much on President Obama's address, save to say that I was very impressed and pleased with his tone and direction that he wishes the Assad regime in Syria to take, cracking down on Iran and not taking any options off the table in order to keep them from obtaining nuclear weapons, and his reaffirming the United State's ironclad relationship with Israel. That's it. The Clone Wars returns this Tuesday with apparently a multiple episode arc about the Jedi attempting to stop a plot to kidnap Chancellor Palpatine. Obi-Wan's death is faked so that he can go undercover (is disguise of course) and find out how everything is going to go down. Cad Bane, Bossk, and Boba Fett make some appearances and it all takes place essentially in a prison. It's an interesting idea and story plot, and hopefully one that proves much more interesting in the second episode as this seemed rather dull and flat for me. That's all folks. Now why don't you get some rest and enjoy your week. As for me, I'm going to finish reading my newspapers and then watch something interesting before getting some good ole fashioned shut-eye.

Clone Wars Episode 15 preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment