Saturday, December 24, 2011

Veni, Veni Immanuel.


"Fear not, for behold I bring you great tidings of good joy which shall be for all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior who is Christ the Lord." Luke Chapter 2:10-11

On this Christmas Eve for the year 2011 I would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas. May God be with each of you and your families as you celebrate, or choose to not celebrate this timeless event. This morning I so didn't want to get up for work as it was freezing out and I was also still quite sleepy. I got going to work eventually, although my heart skipped a beat when I saw frost on the grass. I'm in Southern California and I feel like I am experiencing a winter day in Wisconsin! Who'd ever have thunk'ed it. Despite pouting, a lot of weird and strange behavior, whining, and occasional grumpy behavior the SED's were fine. Tomorrow should be....well, fun isn't quite the word that would give an apt description so I guess long will have to suffice. I don't know why I said I would work a double tomorrow; I suppose I'm a glutton for pain and money, along with a general lack of desire to sleep. That was all sarcasm by the way, I actually love sleep more than I enjoy food. After getting off of work I got back to my apartment and fiddled around for a bit and then made myself some dinner. Considering it was Christmas Eve I decided to make myself breakfast. I had eggs, biscuits, sausage, cranberry juice and water. After I was done eating, I opened up a bottle of sparkling grape juice (excellent vintage by the way) and after making a toast to God I watched The Nativity Story. I love that film because it feels very real to me for several reasons. I grew up watching films with a Christian bent, but they always seemed cheap and ingenuine (appearing very western like), but this film looked very much like the real thing as did the people. The music (composed by Mychael Danna) was fantastic, I liked the characters, which was another reason why I liked the film so much; all of the characters or rather Mary and Joseph were likable and you could empathize and connect with them. I also have to admit that seeing a representation of Jewish temple and hearing Hebrew spoken is always heart stirring for me. After viewing that I watched Mickey's Christmas Carol which I have watched ever since I was at least four years old that I can remember. I love that film, the characters and all that it represents. Not to mention because of that book, written by Charles Dickens, I was able to play the main Character Mr. Scrooge (that was so much fun) in a high school Christmas play. Well merry Christmas to tall, and to all a good night.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace good will towards mankind!"


Mickey's Christmas Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment