Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ushering in the New Year!


For many people across the world the new year has already begun as few remaining few close out the old year. So far all of us are still around and no shattering catastrophe has occurred yet, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed just in case. 2011 wasn't a really bad year, so I'm not per se looking forward to 2012 with any special significance. For me I personally think that 2012 is going to be a big year to remember, but that is all idle perceptions at the moment; things that I hope for. Some of the biggest moments/highlights for me this past year were getting my own apartment, watching my website and blog grow exponentially, and vacationing in Montana with my good friend Jeremy. A lot of angering, vexing, exciting, and sad things happened this year that to name them would seem to take forever. I continue to look forward to the future in the hope that one day all of my current labors will not have been in vain. A brief mention about my last day of word for 2011; it was okay and not very bad at all. However, right near the end of my shift this one SED decides to be a rude, mouthy punk that acts and talks like he could take out a gang banger, but my granny could knock his lights out with ease. After getting him into his room with some effort, he was threatening to bruise me up bad, break my knees, and told me that I didn't want to see "the evil witch" come out of him. I tried not to laugh several times because this kid thinks he's all of that and a bag of chips when in reality he has nothing to even brag about at all; he eventually figured that I wasn't joking around and settled down and was fine (aside from being rude) right up until I left. He's an evil SOB though. After I got home I discovered some scratches on my arms from him, and fortunately they're not very serious. So in turn as I finish up the last blog for 2011, I'd like to thank all of my readers and I would like to also wish all of them a terrific New Year and hope that their experiences teach them many things, and that all of us remember that even the harshest of teachers can become the greatest fountains of inspiration and success. God bless and watch over us all.

I was thinking of a song for the end of the year, and although it isn't bombastic and celebratory Enya's May it Be seemed like a fitting set of lyrics (although I don't know the elvish ones) for such an occasion as ending a year and beginning a New Year, one where all things may be something more than we expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment