Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Can't Smile Without You.


I can't believe it is the end of Wednesday already. The cold is still clinging on for it's existence; I swear this cold has an intelligence of its own, and it's beginning to vex me greatly. I was blowing my nose all day long, and just actually went to go blow it again a moment ago. Didn't get any writing done today as I decided to relax and take it easy, although I did some household chores like laundry and washing dishes. I actually sat down to read this Star Wars book called "Revan" based off of The Knights of the Old Republic video game by Drew Karpyshyn. It is so far boring and not written the best, so I am hoping that it gets better. The weird thing was that right in the middle of when I began reading it I got so sleepy that I had to set it down and ended up taking an hour long nap. Not quite certain if that was because of the book or the Benadryl that I took earlier. Maybe I'll get some writing done tomorrow. I watched Hellboy II: The Golden Army, which is somewhat fitting since the first trailer for The Hobbit film came out yesterday. Guillermo del Toro was supposed to direct both Hobbit films but dropped out when the film production was stuck in limbo because of MGM's financial restructuring, which also delayed production for the next James Bond film as well (but that is now well under way it's called Skyfall for those who haven't been keeping up). I love the Hellboy films, and del Toro is a fantastic director with profound visual vision. Pan's Labyrinth was brilliant and fresh; a film that I would recommend all film goers to see. It's a shame that he was unable to direct the Hobbit films, but I guess it was meant to be. Now my sisters and I would frequently get board games for Christmas presents, one of the games that I got one year was Stratego which is a rather remarkable old strategy game that I loved to play, but often couldn't because no one in my family would play with me because all of them were tired of losing, or didn't want to. It was a shame, but perhaps there is an electronic version that I can play? I'll have to check that possibility out.

The trailer for Bryan Singer's latest film Jack the Giant Killer. It looks kind of bad, which is surprising since the director is a good one (mostly), but perhaps it'll be better after I've seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment