Thursday, December 1, 2011

Beginning Phase 2.


For the most part it was actually a fairly busy and productive day. It began with a delicious breakfast that I made and shared with a friend, which was lovely. I made lemon poppy seed muffins, eggs, juice, and bacon; very yummy and the company was just as so. My friend and I then did some drawing which was fun to do, since I haven't done it in a while and she taught me about vanishing points. Using this knowledge I began to draw a castle but ran out of time. Eventually I will get back to it. I then began phase 2 of the project that I am working on and it went very well; hopefully this phase will be short if I devote myself to work on it as much as I can. So far though this project hasn't quite gone according to plan, but it will be worth it when I am finished with it. I went rummaging through some old pictures today and wow did I find some good ones of me and my family members, and friends from high school. I was also able to find some pictures of John Williams signing one of his CD's (The Best of John Williams 1969-1999) and I'm going to put that together with the certificate of authenticity, CD, and pictures and frame them somehow. Should look great on the wall. I watched the film Van Helsing tonight, and although it is only a mediocre film with a "Yearning Ability," it is highly entertaining and has an excellent score by Alan Silvestri which I reviewed on my website Van Helsing Score; he is for the most part a very good film composer. I liked Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing & David Wenham as Karl the Friar that assists the Victorian hero; they did a fine job with their characters despite the weak script and story. Later on I made some chocolate chip cookies for a co-worker's birthday and read the newspaper; and now my day is finally winding down to prepare myself for the new work week cycle. However, this being the first day of December there are a few things I would like to share to begin the 24 days of Christmas. A present from one of my past Christmases (and this is not going to be in chronological order). One year my sister Paula got me the Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace on DVD, but she had wrapped it in a bright pink Victoria's Secret bag. I think I was blushing quite pink at first, and then my excitement took over when I saw what was inside. I still have that same DVD, and it works pretty good. I'll keep it around until George Lucas puts the Star Wars films on 3-D Bluray. Now some interesting tidbits about the origins of the Christmas Holiday and why it is in December. A long time ago, December 25th was the day that the Phrygian Sun god, Attis, had his birthday celebrated. For tomorrow (if I remember to write it) I will write of another who was born that day in the lowest of low places and became quite high. Goodnight everyone.


Saw the trailer for the new Disney film John Carter; it looks dreadful, but even Walt Disney can still pull delightful surprises out of it's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment