Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What Started It All.


Well it was a fairly productive day even though I was able to get everything done that I would have liked to. I spent about 4 1/2 hours writing/editing today, and then while I ate dinner I watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and yes it was the original animated film from Walt Disney. I thought that watching what really launched his empire would be a good thing, and it was; I love that film, aside from Snow White's voice and singing, along with the Prince's voice and singing. The dwarfs were well done, and the Wicked Queen was so cool. It looked so good for being made back in the 1930's, and honestly since it was the very first animated feature length film I can't really critique it; how could you? There was no precedent and therefore nothing to compare it to, and so it will always remain something of masterpiece forever simply because it was the first one that started it all. While I was just reading the Wall Street Journal a few moments ago, there was this interesting article about how exhaust fumes can be deleterious to the human brain. Apparently Los Angeles has the worst commuter traffic in the United States and the fumes from the freeways can extend up to 1.5 miles away. Mexico City has one of the most difficult daily commutes worldwide, and apparently brains of adults and children revealed unusual inflammation often associated with Alzheimer's. In China, 3rd graders exposed to high levels of traffic exhaust did more poorly on cognitive and behavior tests than children in a nearby area. According to new public health studies "at every stage of life, traffic fumes exact a measurable toll on mental capacity, intelligence, and emotional stability." Basically everyone, if you want to live a strong and healthy life, and hope that your children do not develop autism and other neurological disorders, live in the country. It actually isn't too bad, speaking from experience growing up in the country in Wisconsin. There's your little health new from me today. In the Clone Wars series on Umbara in the newest episode, The General, things seem to be getting more and more tricky for the clones and their acting general. For the first time you begin to really see clones questioning quite obstinately the orders being given to them from a Jedi, which is very interesting. Fives and Captain Rex are key to this string of episodes, but the other clones around are also fascinating to see in action as well; as if they are becoming aware that they are more than just disposable soldiers. Pong Krell, as powerful of a Jedi as he is, is extremely arrogant and tactically reckless. He does however remind me of a certain American general; George Patton in the film Patton. Granted, he didn't treat his soldiers like crap or mere units, but he did have a much more aggressive way of attacking than people like Montgomery, Bradley, or Alexander. I am very impressed with how season 4 is unfolding; graphically it has so much depth and the story lines are becoming much more intricate and complex. Continuing with the theme of being thankful this month, today I am thankful for my sister Paula who is probably my best friend on the entire planet. She gave me eyes and sense to look priceless in how I appear and how I dress, and she is one of the best people to have good fun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment