Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Walk in the Park.


Having days off are completely fantastic, despite all of the writing that I usually end up doing on them. I was able to get quite a bit of writing done, or rather I spent a good deal of time writing with not a lot to immediately show for it, but it is a cumulative process that I will hopefully soon be able to reveal the fruits of my labors. I was finally able to go grocery shopping today, which I did at Target. They have relatively good prices on everything, even though the selection is small, and their produce section sucks, but you cant have everything and that is what Sprouts is for (a local farmers market). It's good to have food in the apartment again. Well tonight I sat down after about four hours of writing and watched Gosford Park which turned out to be a relatively enjoyable film, at least from my point of view. I gave it an "Admirable Ability;" it wasn't the story, plot, or even the actors and actresses that made it good. All of that worked together to create the environment which was really fascinating to see unfold. Clone Wars Tuesdays are back after a week off. Darkness on Umbara is the episode for today, and if you are a Star Wars fan then you know that Sly Moore is from that planet, and we've always wanted to see more about where she comes from. We have the usual clones, Captain Rex, and Fives has managed to outlive everyone else from his old battalion which has been really cool. Anakin makes an appearance as well, but that is short lived and Jedi Master Pong Krell takes center stage with his by the book tactics, and technical treatment of the soldiers as clones rather than actual human beings referring to Rex with his number. He has four arms, and use dual double bladed lightsabers; so when he does more fighting it should definitely be extraordinary. He kind of reminds me a little bit of General Patton and Field Marshal Montgomery, and this episode reminds me of the film A Bridge Too Far, but we will have to wait and see if the Republic meets the same disaster that occurred to the Allies with a similar plan. The technical elements are quite superior to anything else seen in the Clone Wars yet. The environment of Umbara is really, really cool; very dark and shadowy kind of like my ideal vacationing spot. Also what I liked was that the assault on the planet wasn't going very well and was very much a struggle for Republic forces instead of it being so easy. Maybe we'll all be surprised and find out that the Republic actually loses the battle; that would be a good plot development. Happy November 1st everyone! You have 53 days left to complete all of your Christmas shopping if I did my math correctly, and 23 days to complete your Thanksgiving menu. So there's no pressure.....yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment