Saturday, November 5, 2011

Remember, Remember......

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot; I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." -V For Vendetta


Happy fifth of November to all! Although I guess if you're in Great Britain it is Guy Fawkes Day. Today is the celebration of democracy, and new democracies; the Arab Spring has been a powerful demonstration of the power that people hold over their government. However, before I go into that let me talk about my lovely day at work. It was essentially hell. The first part of the day wasn't too bad, but the SED's were just loud and not following directions at all, plus lots of screaming and tantruming (banshee screaming). The second part of the day I was on edge for nearly the entire time waiting to pounce on any of the six SED's that were waiting to explode. I had a few occasions when tempers flared and I got mud all over my pants, there was a scuffle, and lots of "encouragement" for the SED's to go to their rooms. It was just a long day and I found out two of my big bosses were quitting and moving, one of them their last day was yesterday, and the other one is leaving next week. Since I forgot my one person to be thankful for yesterday I'll do two today. I'm very thankful for my co-workers Jill who helps make me laugh when chairs are being thrown, voices being screamed, and urine being smeared. You help make the shift go by so much more pleasantly. I am also very thankful for George Lucas. He created Star Wars and helped inspire my vision to become a creative writer and imagineer; I am in a way indebted to him forever for giving my imagination so much. Now back to the holiday. With Greece on the edge of financial disaster and Europe waiting to plunge, the rest of the world isn't too far behind; not even the United States is immune. The world is ripe for change and people are eager for it, and have the power to change it; I only hope that if such measures are taken that the changes are for the overall good of the people that initiate the changes. No government should be beyond change, especially drastic change if necessary and the right of people to change government is what I believe the Fifth of November signifies for me. Dictators and dictatorial governments of oppressive nature should beware; their people one day will say enough is enough and rise up and retake their country successfully. Iran, North Korea, China, Myanmar, Syria, Cuba, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and any other country that falls under that category should be very wary as such populist movements as the Arab Spring have a way of spreading like wild fire. I hope all of you enjoyed this holiday, and if you didn't celebrate it I invite you to do so for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment