Friday, November 4, 2011

The Only Verdict is Vengeance.


"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." -V
On the eve of November the 5th (at least here in California) that is something that all people should consider no matter what country they live in. The people in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya all showed their governments that they weren't afraid and look what happened. The people in Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Bahrain weren't quite as successful; perhaps eventually the tables will be turned in the people's favor. So today was rather the same as yesterday. I spent about four and half hours writing/editing today, and yes I know that I've spent about 20 hours this week writing between Tuesday and Friday, which may infer that I have no social life. That is true; I will not have a social life until this project that I am working on is finished, and I keep getting very close. I really want to make certain that I do thorough and good job. After that I made myself some dinner and watched V For Vendetta, which I normally watch on November the 5th, but since I work all today tomorrow and on Sunday that just wasn't going to happen. So I celebrated tonight with my sparkling grape juice, but Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture will come at precisely midnight and I shall say the those now immortal words for me. I hope that all of you get and take an opportunity to celebrate this November the 5th, as to why I think it is so important; 2 reasons, the Arab Spring and the dissatisfaction with how all of the governments are performing across the world. I'll explain more of my opinions on the importance of this occasion tomorrow. One day I'd like to actually have fireworks and a kind of....party/gathering to celebrate; that would be really cool. You know people are looking for a leader or figure for the Occupy Wall Street Movement and the same for the Tea Party Movement; why not choose V? He wears a Guy Fawkes mask so he, like Evey says in the film, is everybody; he is an idea, and ideas are bullet proof! Well I think I've spouted enough politics and quotes for now, hope all of you have a great night and a good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment