Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Maybe Later.


Thank God I am feeling so much better today; a lot of the pressure is gone and I can breathe through my nose at least when I am sitting up. My ears are still popping which is incredibly vexing, but hopefully that will leave me too very quickly. By and large I am feeling quite good, and I hope that was the worst my cold virus season will get. It was a fairly boring day. I went grocery shopping at Target and spent far too much money, but it should last me though for over a month so I guess it was a sound investment. It would be nice not to do any major grocery shopping again until January. Got back and....what did I do? Umm............oh that's right, I did some reading, spoke to mi madre and worked on Christmas cards. I was finally able to do a Christmas photo this year to send with my cards, which I designed on my own and printed as well and I believe they turned out quite good. So within the next few days I should be able to get all of that out of the way, and then comes the Christmas shopping and planning for my family. That's going to take a while, no not going to think about that right now. While I ate dinner I watched this British comedy called Maybe Baby starring Hugh Laurie and Joely Richardson as a married British couple who are trying to get pregnant but are unsuccessful. The husband, Hugh Laurie, then decides to take what's happening in his and his wife's (Joely Richardson) life with their apparent infertility and writes a screenplay for a film. The cast of this film was astounding: Mathew MacFadyen, Emma Thompson, James Purefoy, Tom Hollander, Rowan Atkinson, and Dawn French. It was quite funny, and dramatic at the same time, but funny. Obviously it was the dry, subtle British humor that I love so much, so it may not appeal to the Adam Sandler types. It was a rather enjoyable film viewing experience and I think other individuals would find it equally enjoyable. Therefore I give it an "Admirable Ability;" it was worth watching again, but it wasn't quite like Notting Hill funny. Once more Clone Wars Tuesdays returns. Today the Republic reaches a planet far too late before its entire population is enslaved by Count Dooku and ancient slave traders. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin, and Ahsoka are the stars for this episode dubbed "Kidnapped!" Sounds intense doesn't it, but overall it was rather blah despite a lot of potential for it to be really good. I like the villain, a Zygerrian Slave Master, that traces his race's wealth to the ancient Sith Empire before the Jedi eliminated both. Anakin gets in touch with some conflicted emotions due to his past dealing with slavers, but this episode was more about action than character exploration. Essentially it was intrigue and action; probably just a set up for the next couple of episodes, but not done the best of ways. It was good, but after coming off of that set Umbara storyline, it pales in comparison. By the way it is Mark Twain's 176th birthday; Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn couldn't probably be more happier. Oh yes, and I got absolutely no writing done today; hopefully I can get off my lazy arse tomorrow and return to reality.






Maybe Baby Trailer, and another video of the Star Wars game The Old Republic. The game trailer is pretty sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment