Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An Emperor.


It's amazing how much more free time one has if you get up early in the morning, at least early for me. I actually got done writing earlier than I had anticipated and had an hour and a half approximately before dinner and a movie. So of course I spent the entire time chatting with my sister Paula who is not going to have a wedding cake but pies, cupcakes and other yummy treats instead. My mom is making her wedding dress, my cousin is designing it, and they are getting things booked left and right like nobody's business which is really cool. A pity the wedding is a year away from...Friday I think. Anyways I finally sat down and watched The Last Emperor after wanting to watch it and then not watching it. It was long, but I did enjoy the film and have to say that it is indeed a great period film and well deserving of the 9 Academy Awards that it earned. I finished season 3 of Merlin last night and boy was that a good season, and it ended with Merlin putting Excalibur into a stone which I thought was a very nice touch. I have to admit that the makers of that show are doing it right, it is a new approach to the material, but they are pulling it off quite spectacularly; leave it to the British to make a fantastic show about their own native mythology, I highly doubt Americans could have successfully pulled it off quite as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing season 4, and I am hoping that they kill off Uther and I would love to see Merlin use more magic. I guess I'll just have to patiently wait. Today I am thankful for Charlie Long who was a former college professor of mine; a man that I'd like to consider a type of mentor, a colleague, and a very good friend. His wisdom is the field of psychology and human behavior is great but he remains humble, and he has a great deal of compassion and care and he took an interest in the work that I was writing before anyone else really noticed. Thank you Charlie.


With the release of Immortals into theatres this Friday I thought that it would be nice to add a trailer of what everyone will be able to see in a matter of days, and don't forget that the final part of the Harry Potter saga will be available on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment