Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Drawing a Blank.


I think in some of my past posts I have written about annoying it can be to come up with titles especially after you've come up with over 400 different ones...at least I think. Can't remember all of them, or probably even the majority. Anyways. Today was rather routine. All I need to do is get an exercise regimen started that I can keep going with my daily schedule. My sister suggested yoga, but I haven't a clue, and I think it would be easier for me to do it in my apartment instead of having to go to a gym unless I had someone to go with. I get lazy really easily unless I have some motivation whether it be interior or exterior; aside from weight gain and poor diet my body doesn't rank high on my priorities. I spent another 4 hours writing today which was an enormous challenge in and of itself; I hate forcing myself to write, but there's nothing else for it. What continues to be annoying to me is that there is no immediate result that I can post; it remains a cumulative work in progress, but I'm over half way now so as long as I keep up the good fight I'll get there soon, and hopefully soon will be in the middle of this month. I began reading my biography on Lincoln today and it is interesting in how the previous U.S. President was described repeatedly by people who admired him: gangly, unflattering in appearance, bony, and unassuming. All of them rejoiced exuberantly of his ability to speak and think things through. I got the idea to read up on the man after read former U.S. President G.W. Bush's memoirs Decision Points as he mentioned that he read a number of biographies on Lincoln and of the qualities of his character that he discovered upon reading up on this unassuming Hoosier that became President of the United States. For some reason I have been into reading biographies and non-fiction a lot lately, which I suppose might be odd considering that I am a fiction writer. Odder things have happened I suppose. Since it is November and sooner then people think Thanksgiving will be upon us. Last year I wrote about one mundane thing that I was thankful for, something that we take for granted everyday usually. This month instead I'm going write about one person that I am thankful for and I can think of no better person to start it with then my mother. She gave birth to me, and helped shape me into the productive young man that I now am. She made mistakes, but she has gone beyond her own desires to give me a better life and I can think of no greater sacrifice aside from death a parent can give a child. Thank you mom. While I was writing this blog I was listening to a track from Black Hawk Down by Hans Zimmer; I thought it would be interesting to post along with a translation that I found. Hope you enjoy it.

1.barra barra (outside) = bb 

Sadness, hate and the reign of arbitrary 
bb 
Destruction, jealousy ; there is no trust left 
bb 
Thirst and people are unlucky 
bb 
No honour, but oppression and slavery 
bb 
Rivers were dried up and seas have ruined everything 
bb 
Stars are switched off and the sun went down 
bb 
There are no trees left and the birds stopped singing 
bb 
There are neither days, nor nights left, darkness only 
bb 
Hell ; there is no beauty left 
bb 
(solo of mandolute and ululation) 
--- 
2.bb 
Time has increased, there is no honour left 
bb 
Ruin and war and the blood is flowing 
bb 
There are only walls left, walls standing up 
bb 
Fear and people remain silent 
bb 
Sadness, hate and the reign of arbitrary 
bb 
Destruction and jealousy ; there is no trust left 
bb 
Rivers were dried up and seas have ruined everything 
bb 
stars are switched off and the sun went down 
barra barra (in a low voice, plus crescendo) 
--- 
3.bb 
There is neither good, nor happiness, nor luck anymore 
bb 
There are no trees left; the birds stopped singing 
bb 
There are neither nights, nor days left; darkness only 
bb 
Desolation, hell, there is no beauty left 
bb 
(Silence) 
bb 
Time has increased, there is no honour left 
bb 
Ruin and war and the blood is flowing 
bb 
There are only walls left, walls standing up 
bb 
Sadness, hate and the reign of arbitrary 
bb 
Destruction and jealousy ; there is no trust left. 
Stars are switched off, and the sun went down 
bb 
There is neither good, nor happiness, nor luck left 
bb 
There are no trees left ; birds stopped singing 
bb 
There are no neither nights nor days left; darkness only 
bb 
Desolation, hell, there is no beauty left 
bb 
Time has increased, there is no honour left 
Barraaaaa! Barra, barra, barraaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment