Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Day Out.


Well the day began like any other day, and then I had a friend come over and we went out for lunch. It was delightful and since we had nothing else to do at the moment we went shopping at a few nearby stores. Eventually we ended up at a Barnes & Noble where I perused the bargain section looking for something interesting. I found an interesting book about the Roman Emperors, one about Ferrari cars, and when I came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything worth getting I was going to leave. On my way out I came across this one book which has a ridiculously long title so look at the picture I posted. Within this book is an incredible amount of detail about all kinds of symbols both religious, mythological, and other things. It tells you what particular flowers mean, details about the Zodiac, and why wedding couples cut a cake (which has a lot to do with virgins having sex; I'll just leave it at that so use your imagination or experience whichever suits you). It tells you the difference of an Athame and a Boline, who Abraxas is and who Baphomet is, and what the mystical charisma of minerals, metals, and gems are. It's a fascinating read not only for a consumer of knowledge, but a gold mine for a writer. All of these ideas are giving me greater and richer ideas for stories, and the nice thing about the book is that it is quite exhaustive without seeming like it; you get a lot without it looking like a mountain or a college class. Since my average day off wasn't quite normal, I didn't get as much writing done as I would have liked to but I was able to do a little. Hopefully I will be able to finish this one project and move on to bigger and better things, and yes I am still getting my 2nd book edited so it looks like it won't be out before this year's end unfortunately. All good things take a while though to get right, at least for us humans. Next year in the spring my book will be released that I am very confident of....but not infallibly so. Today I am thankful for my Grandma Swezey; she was a tough woman who died at the spry age of 96, but she didn't take lip from anyone, worked for everything she had and worked hard, loved God and her family, and made the best applesauce and molasses cookies ever. I miss you Grandma so much, and hope that you are having an awesome time in eternity, and thanks for all of the good times as well as the treats. I found this trailer of the Lucasarts game Star Wars: The Old Republic which I will probably never play, but since I love Star Wars I looked at it and so far the cinematics for this game are pretty cool and amazing. I thought I'd share, but check YouTube for the three entire videos that make up this trailer collage; they're pretty sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment