Monday, October 24, 2011

One Week Until Halloween....

I had a very busy day. I woke up around 9:30 and began making snickerdoodle cookies, followed by cupcakes, and then I got ready for work and went in early to help the recreation coordinator with the haunted house, which the theme is going to be Coraline. It looks really cool so far, especially considering the budget that it doesn't have. I got to design and build the door that goes back from the bad house; I was very impressed with my improvisational skills. While I was pounding out a staple I smashed my thumb with the hammer and got bloodied a little, but nothing too serious. I'm going to post a video of a walk-through of it all when it is completed and I think everyone will like it. Aside from that, I would say that the SED's had a pretty good day. I also got to use some more of my "artistic skills" decorating the cottage for the holiday, and I'm hoping that our graveyard theme gets us first prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment