Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It Keeps Getting Better & Better.


It is nice to have days off again. Well I didn't do much of anything today except watch The Clone Wars and a few other things. I was debating on whether or not I should get the DVD or Bluray version of the 3rd season of the hit animated series.....I chose to get the Bluray. It looks great and I guess I get access to a lot of stuff, but I wish there would have been more. The 1st season on DVD was full of extras, and extended cuts, after that they began pairing down. Instead of every episode having their own documentary (which was so cool) they only have documentaries on the major episodes that are connected, except irritatingly for the Mortis Trilogy. There is no artwork booklet with this disc set, which isn't a huge deal but it is just one less thing that wasn't part of the overall package. Also for the Bluray, the menus were boring and not very dynamic; aside from the actual episodes, the Bluray or DVD sets don't have much to offer. I noticed a difference with picture quality of Bluray vs. DVD, but that might have something to do with how much better the animators are getting since the 1st season. I'm going to save my entire critique for the review I will be posting on my website, but my favorite episodes were "The Nightsisters" arc; it was really awesome. It is Clone Wars Tuesdays again and this time around we have "Nomad Droids." C-3PO and R2 are on their way back to Coruscant when their ship is udner attack. They crash land on a planet and are surprised by a group of beings that turn out to be more than they thought. After getting off of that planet they then get to another planet to find themselves at the mercy of something terrible. The episode is essentially about R2 & C-3PO having a string of adventures, and it actually works out relatively well albeit quite weird frequently. There are echoes of The Wizard of Oz & Gulliver's Travels in this episode, and if you were to watch I think you'd see it too. It was a lot of fun, and it was nice to see the two droids have adventures together without any of the usual major characters present. Over the top, some good laughs, and new weirdness this episode has it all, even some good action. I was able to get some more writing done, but all of the Clone Wars watching (since season 3 came out into the stores today) took up a lot of my time. Hey, I love Star Wars, and many successful people began by liking this saga or being influenced and inspired by it; hopefully if the Force is with be, I will be one of those successful people eventually. I also was in the mood to watch Elizabeth, the one starring Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush, and Joseph Fiennes. I love that film, especially the music and the phenomenal acting by Ms. Blanchett & Mr. Rush. Oh, something I forgot to blog last night was that my co-worker Heather made and brought in these spectacular pumpkin cookies which were so good; I definitely need to get the recipe for them. I seem to be liking food more and more as I get older; very weird. Well season 4 of the Clone Wars seems to be going well so far, and they started off with a big bang, let's see how it keeps going especially with Darth Maul's return on the edge of the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment