Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting into the New Swing of Things.


Now that I have returned from my vacation to my settled apartment with no irritating roommates life seems to much less stressful. I have been waiting for a number of years to come up with a routine that can't be ruined by the presence of another individual, and that time has come. Not to mention having a place all to oneself is quite wonderful, I cannot lie about that. I'm happy for people who are married, dating, and have other relationships but life is much less complicated and far less stressful with just oneself to be primarily concerned about. Like tonight I was reading the Wall Street Journal, the local newpaper, and my Walt Disney biography while I sipped on sparkling grape juice listening to fantastic classical music masterpieces. It was sheer bliss, and I wouldn't have been able to do that with an obnoxious roommate around. Anyways. Today was just plain relaxing and mapping out what I was going to do for the rest of the week. I finished season 5 of Dexter which was amazing! On the DVD Showtime included the first two episodes of The Borgias which is one of their new series starring Jeremy Irons as Pope Alexander. At first when I heard about the series I was kind of disappointed, but now upon seeing the first two episodes I am actually quite impressed with the acting, the filming, characters, design, stories, and writing. Jeremy Irons as a pope is very convincing and very good. His oldest son Cesare Borgia played by Francios Arnaud is also quite good; kind of reminds me of a young Francis Walsingham. It should play out to be good, although I have no idea as to the real history of Pope Alexander and his family. It is that time of year again when it is Clone Wars Tuesdays. The latest episode "Shadow Warrior" is a stand alone episode that doesn't really make much sense, but is overall entertaining. I won't spoil anything, but let's just say that General Grievous vs, Gungans and the outcome is rather interesting. Count Dooku plays a large role in this episode and it was great to see him in lightsaber action again, although I still have to say that his animation when fighting needs to be worked on to appear less....stiff looking, and more fluid. Jar Jar has a pretty central role, and he does well. I personally like Jar Jar, and I firmly believe that his character works phenomenally well in the animated show. It was nice to revisit Naboo again and a lot of the locales that were featured in The Phantom Menace and the animation artists did relative justice to the visuals. Oh, and I also put a slide show of most of my pictures that I took while on my vacation to Montana and put them on the front page of the blog. Enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment