Friday, October 7, 2011

Editing.

The irritating thing about editing is that it takes hours and hours of time, and although you get stuff accomplished you don't have a finished product to show at the end of it all, and it seems that I could churn out a fairly good original product oftentimes with how much time it takes for me to go through a portion of already written material. Oh well, time was not my friend this week to get writing accomplished. Apparently my prime time for writing is in the afternoon from anywhere close to 12pm-5pm. Before that I'm sleeping or waking up and doing morning routine stuff, and after that I'm eating and doing other things. Hmm...that doesn't leave a lot of time for writing. I guess I'm going to have to work on that. I did get some writing done, but its unfortunately something that I can't post or comment about at this time, although hopefully I will be able to finish this new project quickly. I have a lot on my mind that I want to write and the annoying thing is not having the time to write it all, and do the other stuff that I want to do. I do actually enjoy having a small life that has absolutely nothing to do with writing or work....but it's hard to keep up with. I'm really trying to finish reading this Walt Disney biography that I started reading over a month ago. The author who wrote it though just put an exhaustive amount of detail in the book, and it is becoming incredibly boring despite everything that I am learning about this supposed great man. Yes I have a new perspective on Walt Disney after reading this book, and let's just say that it isn't very flattering. I'll save that though for my review, and boy will I have a lot to write when I get around to it. One thing that I'm grasping so far is that repeated failures and perceived lack of quality when it comes to a product doesn't mean you won't eventually become successful...although it took Walt most of his life to get where he wanted to. Well work again tomorrow. We'll see if the SED's are as hyper and unsettled as they were last week. Posted a trailer for the new film The Raven directed by James McTiegue (V For Vendetta) which is about Edgar Allen Poe and the origins of his stories or something like that. It looks interesting, but I don't know about John Cusack being Poe.


No comments:

Post a Comment