Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor! You're suppose to be Laboring!.....

....That's what you get for not having an education." That was taken in parts from a quote from the film Real Genius (absolutely hysterical comedy from the 80's, you should check it out). Today here in the United States we are celebrating the people who labor, though I am not familiar as to the reason or history behind this national holiday. For me, there was no better way to celebrate then working. The SED's that I worked with did fairly well, and to celebrate I made omelette's for dinner and they were of course a huge success. I really don't know why we Americans have this holiday, but for those whom were able to have the day off from work and enjoy it, good for all of you. Some sad and irritable news that I heard from my mother via text message this evening was that her house was broken into and several valuable things were stolen, including her jewelery box (she's had for ages) and the Kindle that me and my sisters got her for Christmas. I was very angry and upset that someone would do that to my mother, who has never provoked anyone to do such a hateful thing. Just goes to show that no matter where you are or who you are, evil things can always happen and bad people are always lurking around. Hope everyone enjoys their work week as I enjoy my days off, although I have a ton of writing to catch up on. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment