Friday, August 12, 2011

A Witch?


For the most part it was a dreaded, depressing and stressful day. Everywhere I turned to for apartment hunting, the proverbial door was slammed in my face. Every place that I have looked at and checked out so far has been dead in the water, which for me is rather depressing. I hate looking for apartments, and I'm the type of person that once I see something I like that's usually all of the shopping I want to do; I don't shop for pleasure. So upon my return from all of the hunting, I played a game for a bit and then edited I believe 3 chapters in Book 2. There's nothing like disappointment to stir the creative juices. I made myself some chicken alfredo for dinner and watched Season of the Witch. It was essentially a blah film. The casting wasn't the best; Nicholas Cage, just doesn't act very well and his humor comes off a little....well, forced for lack of a better idea. I like Ron Perlman, but he didn't seem to really connect with his character. The story was interesting, the plot semi-entertaining, but the characters were boring. Several of them had real potential for something great, but the film was all about gimmicks instead of building up the characters or story. The film was shot well though. The cinematography and lighting were done very well, and the music composed by Atli Ovarsson was actually quite good (sample down below); those three things made the film somewhat enjoyable, and it at times was fairly creepy. I obviously loved the period the story took place in (during the crusades), and it could have been a better film if they had cast better and come up with a better story. I highly doubt that I'll see this film again any time in the near future, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There was a lot of potential though, so I'm giving it a "Yearning Ability." With the right creative aspects it could have been an excellent film. Better luck next time. I made a strawberry cheesecake, which looks absolutely delicious; we'll see how it tastes tomorrow and I booked my vacation for Montana! You all have no idea how much I can't wait to get on up there, I really need the vacation now. However, it is back for another work weekend; should be....fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment