Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So Far So Good.

Well so far obtaining the apartment is going smoothly, so unless some sort of giant, despicable snag gets in my way I should be moved in by this time next week and eagerly decorating away and putting things in their new place. It thrills me to no end that I will be soon rid of my old roommates and have my very own place. As I was packing tonight I was staring up at the ceiling (who ever thought that packing dishes could be so exhausting) and a smile came to my face as the reality of what I was doing began to sink in. Once I secure the apartment, then I have to get all of the other little details taken care of; electric, internet, and get the address switched over to everything and have my mail forwarded. Blah! Sometimes being a productive and responsible adult sucks, especially when one is alone. Oh well, independence is a two edged sword just like being in a romantic relationship is. I was able to get quite a bit of editing completed today for Book 2 and I am almost over the hill for editing it at last. About 150 pages left to edit and then I hand it off to another editor, and then begin editing something else which will be a lot of work I have a feeling. I watched The Color of Purple tonight at last after these many years, and I must admit that Steven Spielberg is quite a capable director. He is able to show human pain and suffering in such a powerful way, like he did in Schindler's List. I enjoyed the film, as well as Whoopi Goldberg's performance, which was actually quite different than her usual bubbly and outspoken characters. She was quiet, sullen, and obedient without argument; definitely not her usual self. Oprah Winfrey had an outstanding performance as well; her character broke my heart thoguh and I feel great anger about how African Americans were treated back in the first part of the century in the United States. Overall it was well filmed and acted; who knew that Danny Glover could be such a....a....well, portray such a monster. Several times the film dragged on and didn't make a whole lot of sense and I got bored, but it was also terribly heart breaking and exhilarating. I have to say one thing though, it has one of the best endings to a dramatic film that I have seen in such a long time, if not ever. I highly suggest that everyone see this incredible piece of film which I believe possesses a "Strong Ability," despite the objections I mentioned. It captures parts of American history that people should always remember existed. Well that's all folks. Time is going by fast now, and soon much will change for me. My prayers, hopes, and wishes go out to the people of Libya as they transition into a democracy and learn to govern themselves. God be with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment