Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just a Spoon Full of Sugar.....


.....Helps the medicine go down. Well I just returned from a fantastic evening! A friend and I went and saw Mary Poppins the Broadway Musical and all I have to say is..........Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!! The live performance is unlike anything I have ever seen before, and I recommend anyone and everyone to see it. The individual who played Marry Poppins (Steffanie Leigh) was perfect, although I will forever remain partial to Julie Andrews. The gentlemen that played Bert (Nicolas Dromard) was sensational and always had the audience laughing. All of the musical numbers were well done and choreographed with such enthusiasm and fun , and the sets were incredible. My favorite musical numbers were Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Step In Time; both were done so well with the music, lyrics, dancing and sets. Overall though the production was so amazing I cannot say enough good things about it all. The only negative thing was that I was surrounded by people that couldn't keep their bloody mouths shut during the performances, and most of them were kids. Why would you take a small child to see something like this? Whatever, it's their money. Anyways. That dominated my entire evening, but it was worth it and I had the loveliest company ever; thank you Heather. Before that though, the day was rather hum drum. I did laundry and some of the usual things like editing more of Book 2, which I think that I finally reached the downwards part of editing the 4th draft finally. Now I have the easy parts to do. Had to deal with my irritating roommate and the irksome company that he keeps, but not for much longer! That front (looking for apartments) is going much slower than I anticipated but I will find something before the end of the month! Well I'm going to sing and finish up a few things, and always remember that a spoonful of sugar does indeed help the medicine go down!

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

No comments:

Post a Comment