Friday, August 26, 2011

Here Comes the Weekend.


My last work weekend at this address has come. At this time next week I will have to make a lengthier trip to get to work than I have made in well over a year. Oh well, not all good things can last forever. Today was fairly boring, especially in the way of writing. I did do some editing for Book 2 and some packing, but for the most part I was just lazy. One of the more monotonous and annoying things that I had to do was update all of the bills and addresses for my new place. Now that I think of it, I keep thinking of more things that I have to switch over; it's a major pain in the backside, but a necessary one. I watched this movie called Tales From Earthsea which was created by the same studio that made such wonders as Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke. It is of course Studio Ghibli and the film bears the familiarity of Hayao Miyazaki, except that the director was Goro Miyazaki. Tales from Earthsea was like the three films I mentioned above in many respects; stunning landscapes, and of course the beautiful hand drawn animation. However, the film frames didn't appear very fluid and had a sort of rigidity to them. The characters were also not that endearing as the ones from the other three films were, and although the story was somewhat interesting, I didn't really care for it too much. It had that mystery where not everything made sense like the 3 other films, but this one's plot and story really didn't make a whole lot of sense. I enjoyed the film though despite all of that, and if you like Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's films then you should see it. The film possesses an "Admirable Ability," not quite as good as the master, but not half bad either. Even though animation can be done so realistically with computers these days, there is something about hand drawn animation (or at least the way Studio Ghibli does it) that is romantic and so breathtaking that computer animation cannot match. I would have liked to seen the film with the original voices instead of the dubbed over English speaking voices, but I wasn't given a choice by Netflix. Oh well. The countdown for moving out continues and now it is only a matter of days. Sleep well world and I hope that everyone enjoys their weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment