Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Editing Continues...

....Even though I have been editing quite a few chapters lately, it still seems to go on and on. Today I edited 3 chapters, and I still have a little over 300 pages and about 18 chapters left to edit before I'm done with my 4th draft. Blah. I'm so sick of editing that book, but it really needs it I have to admit. I keep finding little details here and there that need to be corrected, or adjusted. The 5th draft is going to be a real drag though, as I'm going to have a grammar expert go through and tear it apart, but by the end of it all I should have a real solid book. Once it is all together, it is going to far exceed my expectations and all of my readers should also enjoy it. It is going to be a far better book than the first one, not only because my skills as a writer have increased a hundredfold but because the characters go through so much growth and acquire so much depth and mystery. Hopefully I can stay on top of it all and get it done quickly so I can make my self appointed publishing deadline. I won't bore all of you with the details of the day, suffice to say that while I edited my book and did some fiddling around on the computer, my roommate and his compatriot played video games....all....day....long. It was very tiring, and then thank the maker they left and I finally got some peace and quiet. I made these absolutely delicious chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate ganache on top. Wow they were quite decadent and delicious; perhaps tomorrow I'll make strawberry cheesecake or banana nut bread. Yes it's true; I like to bake, and I'm very good at it. I don't even know where I get it from. My mother is relatively good at baking, but I think that I've surpassed her at last and I mean that in the friendliest possible way mom (just in case you're reading this). I didn't have time for a film so I watched some Law & Order and some Star Trek: The Next Generation. It's difficult to watch it since it is from 1987, but I'm particular to know all history of the characters and what not before I get to the episodes where they encounter the Borg for the first time. That was a good running of episodes together, but I also want to finish the series that I grew up with. Last night before bed I finished reading G.W. Bush's memoirs Decision Points and overall I enjoyed it and found it very insightful. At times it seemed boring and redundant, but after all the man was a politician, not a writer, and despite what people say I think he did the best with what he had. I'm sure to say the same of President Obama as well when he's done in office. The only thing he didn't have that George had was experience and a background in politics. Oh well, we'll see how he does for the next five years. Once more it is time for sleep. I need to go to the library and get another book; I've always liked reading before I go to sleep (I probably get that from my mother). Walt Disney interests me, so I'm going to look for a biography on him; hopefully the library has a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment