Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where it all Began....

....Around eleven years ago or so a small little boy called Harry Potter emerged from a tiny room under a set of stairs played by Daniel Radcliffe. Now much as has changed within the world of Harry Potter and even Daniel Radcliffe, but the film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will always be there for us to remember where it all began. The first time I saw this film was back in the fall of 2002 at my father's new....place after he left our family. It was a big old Victorian house, and he had one very large room where he lodged and...well, it was all very odd, but that isn't the point. I saw the film and instantly fell in love with the characters, places, and yes all of the magic. Ever since then I have kept up with the films and books, and for a while there I was able to watch each film without reading the book first (which is my preferred method). I had watched all of the first four films without first reading the books, and then a friend of mine spoiled the sixth book and I ended up reading the last three without waiting to see the films first. That is most likely one of the reasons why the 4th film is my favorite; it was the last unspoiled film. Tomorrow it will all end unfortunately, but it had a great run and kept audiences and readers going for a long time. I thought it would be fitting to watch the first film before seeing the last one as I was looking on the shelf considering which Harry Potter film to watch. Well...there it is, after tomorrow I will see how they end it all, but for now I saw how it all began; it was rather interesting to hear Harry and Ron with high pitched voices. I posted a film review of 10,000 B.C. and speaking of films they have released a trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes film Game of Shadows; the preview is below. I was able to edit a couple chapters in Book 2, and my cover artist has come up with her first draft of the cover, so things are looking up for my second book. Hopefully things continue to go well in that area. Well for those of you who are standing in line for a midnight showing for The Deathly Hallows Part II best of luck; I shall be snoozing soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment