Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer.

I can always tell it's summer when it takes the apartment forever to cool off, even with a fan blowing in air from outside after the sun has gone down already (although I think it has something more to do with us moving away from the sun). It's comfortable right now in my room as I type this, but I would prefer it to be about 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Happy July 1st to all of you! I cannot believe it's July already! Wow! Time continues to fly by without any respite. This will also be the hottest month for highly anticipated summer blockbusters; The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2, Captain America, and Cowboys & Aliens (that should be interesting). Well I did get some writing done today, but nothing that I can post; there was significant progress made though on a new Modern War Story, but I was lazy for the most part and it will remain unfinished during the weekend. What can I say; my pattern seems to be that I work really hard and diligent, and then get barely anything accomplished. I should probably try to be more balanced about the whole thing, but if I was a full time writer that would help me prioritize much more efficiently, and if I didn't have an...irritating roommate situation. All of that is going much better and is less stressful, which I hope it remains that way until the end of August. Tomorrow is work for me, and yes I work all weekend and get none of it off; lucky me. For those who are celebrating have fun with your families, for those who are not have a fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Swezey I just want you to know that I like reading your post. I never commented but I just started one of these to vent but I enjoy your blogs a lot. I find them funny and educational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I try to write in a way that is humorous and informative. Good luck with your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete