Thursday, July 28, 2011

Maps and Lavender.

It was a fairly average day. I kept busy doing my usual routine, and then I moved onto something a little more boring, but far more interesting (sounds like an oxi-moron I suppose). I edited yet again more of Book II. I almost did two chapters but I wasn't feeling it so I did something else that I needed to get done this week; I drew a rough map for Book II. This one is new with more detail and a zoomed in section of the overall main map, which will also be updated for the upcoming book. It took me about two hours to get it all done, and tomorrow I will send it off to my  map maker. I am actually quite relieved to have it completed and out of the way for the time being. There are too many things going on that I have to complete. I am very satisfied with what I ended up drawing despite my inability to really draw that well. During dinner I watched a rather splendid film called Ladies in Lavender starring Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Daniel Bruhl. It's about these two older women in 1930's Great Britain who take care of a ship-wrecked man who doesn't speak any English. It's a lovely character film that is beautiful, humorous (multiple moments when I was cracking up), moving, passionate, and just very lovely. Judi Dench and Maggie Smith were astounding, and have proven once again that they are superior actresses and leading ladies. The British come up with the finest actors and actresses for film and theater. The majestic landscapes made me want to visit Great Britain as the cinematography was breathtaking. Joshua Bell did the violin music for the film (since the castaway is a great violinist) and I want to fall in love with that man. He plays the violin so well that you can't help but feel passion, romance, and the somberness of reality. Overall the film really seemed like it earned a "Strong Ability," and it would be quite delightful to watch again in the future. It is a lovely film to see with your mum, if you happen to be looking for something of that nature. Tomorrow Cowboys & Aliens is released and I'm going to begrudgingly see it; I'm trying not to think how awful it is going to be, but it is very difficult I have to say. Perhaps I'll walk away pleased, at least that is what I am hoping for. Only a few days left in July! And then the days will really be counting down when I will be out of this apartment! Oh the trailer for the film Battleship was released today. I think it looks dreadful, but you may think differently. I haven't a clue why they are making a film out of that board game, but perhaps it will prove interesting in 2012...that is if we are all alive to watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment