Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tag Your It!

You know that when you're playing tag with a bunch of small children jumping around (trying to at least) like Spider-Man trying to catch everyone and then twist your foot/ankle...well you either need to call it a day for running all crazy like that or you need to exercise more; I certainly agree that I need to do the latter. Fortunately my foot is feeling immensely better, but for a while it was in a lot of pain, and when I got injured only the girls cared about it as the boys went back to playing without a word to me. I found that very interesting. Well I would say that the day went very well. Didn't have any major incidents, although this one kid about blew up over not being able to go hunt nature creatures and walk around outside (he has difficulty letting things go, and he has one violently, nasty temper). Away from all of that though, I'm going to get on my soapbox for a few seconds here and say to all of you parents and people who want to have children, to never make your kids feel guilty unless it is absolutely necessary once in a blue moon. There was this one girl that I work with, and she was speaking with her mother who was just ripping her apart about something; it was rather unpleasant, and in the end she even made a subtle, veiled threat to the girl. Very tragic, and the girl is actually very sweet and delightful; some individuals just let their own bitterness and anger poison other people instead of resolving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment