Friday, May 20, 2011

It's a Pirate's Life for Me.


Today was boorishly uneventful. Upon finishing my morning ablutions I went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 3-D. Well...it was good. I'm going to give it a Moderate on "Watch-ability;" it was good but there were times when it was like, come on seriously. A High on "Escape-ability;" the world was totally immersible, and I was hardly bored. I'll give it a Moderate for "Enjoy-ability;" despite liking the film and having a good time, it wasn't sensational. It receives a Moderate for "Artistic-ability;" a lot of the style was drawn from the previous films and already existing material. Definitely a High for "Technical-ability;" special effects, cinematography, music, and lighting were excellent amongst many other things. It was also the best film I've seen in 3-D aside from Avatar and Alice in Wonderland. Things really jumped out at you like I believe they're supposed to in this format. Based on all of that, the film receives a Strong Ability from me. It's good and relatively enjoyable; Johnny Depp as always makes the film. I attempted to write some more of Surviving My Life, but aside from the film review my laziness won out. It's really annoying; when I want to write my artistic juices aren't flowing, and when I'm busy doing something else, or want to do something else they're on fire. I need a brain...creative indicator measurer thing. Well, work starts up again tomorrow. My goodness, it's hard to believe that there is essentially only one more full week of May before June. I better get working on all of those writing projects that I have to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment