Monday, May 23, 2011

"Interstellar Super Mutant Virus.....


...Empires have fallen at the sight of this pox!" That was a great line from the old Fox Kids show "The Tick" when our superhero had an "uncommon" cold. What a great show. Unfortunately though I had something akin to that when I woke up at 2:30am with a sore throat and then periodically throughout the rest of the morning. Around 8am or so I called work and told them I was sick and wouldn't make it, which I didn't really want to do, but I felt like crap and would be useless to anyone. I slept until 12:30pm and would have slept longer but I got a phone call waking me up and after which I started my day. Let me just say this one thing; I HATE BEING SICK! The worst part is trying to sleep when your nose is so congested that you can't breathe through it, which keeps you from sleeping which in the long run keeps you from getting better. The day was blah. Besides doing laundry and watching Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and some television shows my day was just surviving. I made a trip to Target to get something more for my congestion and I wanted a drug that had pseudo-ephedrine in it, but since I believe it is an ingredient for some illegal drug you have to get it from the pharmacy which was closed by the time I had gotten there. I was sorely vexed because phenlphrene or whatever the heck it's called doesn't work for me and that is all they had. Instead I got this mist stuff that I put in my nose, and it took the congestion away fairly quickly. Now I just have the sore throat and other lovely symptoms. Work would have been so much easier to deal with (and cheaper) than a cold. Well I hope and pray that it get's out of my system quickly; I really don't want to make the time to deal with an irritant such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment