Friday, May 27, 2011

Baking and the Sith.

"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion, I gain Strength. Through Strength, I gain Power. Through Power, I gain Victory. Through Victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." -Darth Bane


I really like baking and I really like Star Wars, so when I am able to do both of them at the same time then it's a very good day. As I mentioned on the previous day, it was going to be a busy day for me today. After I got my morning under way I had to go grocery shopping for my writing group for work. We are celebrating me running the writing group  for a year now. I cannot believe that much time has passed. I am making tacos, but the real stuff to die for will be the desserts that I made today. Chocolaty Brownies (completely from scratch), and no mixes, pre-made stuff or canned fillings were used for anything I made. A luscious apple pie, and strawberry cheesecake. I think all of the SED's will have a good time and hopefully there will be no problems. It took me essentially all day (with some gaps) to make all three of those things, but each of them came out fantastically and I'm hoping they each taste that way as well. While I was in the middle of making the brownies and the pie, I watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith hence the quote from the Infamous Dark Lord of the Sith above (I know far too much about Star Wars don't remind me). It was also the first time I had seen it on a blu-ray player on a high-def television with all of the specs to enhance it as well (cables and what not). There was a huge difference between seeing it that way and the way I was use to. More of the effects were brought to the forefront and the sound also was better; the film overall had much more depth and vividness to it. Definitely the way to watch Star Wars. Now I might have noticed all of those things because I have seen the movies probably at least three times or so each year since they were released, and the older ones I've lost count. What got me interested to see that particular Episode was Jimmy Smits. He plays Galactic Senator Bail Organa (Princess Leia's father) but I have been watching him in Dexter as of late, and it's fascinating to see the remarkable differences between the two characters. I won't spoil anything if you haven't watched the show, but let's just say they're on opposite ends of spectrum. Also I remember him playing a President Elect in The West Wing. He is an amazing actor. I don't know what ya'll think of that quote of there, but it is something to think about at least in practical living for today, not as Jedi or Sith. After five days of no work, I shall be returning tomorrow; we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment