Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Shutdown?


I do what I can to make this a non-political, and non-religious blogging site; it is meant primarily to reflect my journey in life and how it is connected to my writing. However, with the recent difficulties that Congress and the President of the United States of America have been having in funding this government and coming up with a budget have finally reached me. This when I begin to have issues with what Republicans and Democrats are doing; both sides believe they have the answers for the problems facing Americans and the other side doesn't have the right answer. Both are willing to only go so far and then just stop. President Obama is acting more like a referee or cheerleader instead of a leading President, and that is what this country needs right now; a singular voice to help lead it through this dark gloom that is looming forebodingly over everyone's lives. My roommate works for the Federal Government, and if the government shuts down then he is put automatically on furlough from work for two straight weeks without pay come this Monday. That irks me greatly, and so I'd ask all of you to pool together your prayers, positive energy or whatever and hope that all of that combined together will force those stubborn liars and actors in Washington D.C. to do something sensible for the common American for once in years. Okay that's my political rant for now. Today wasn't too bad. I got up early for a meeting at work, which I was early for because one of my co-workers gave me the wrong time, but oh well. After that I was very lazy. I tried to do some more writing, but there was nothing in me; I felt blah. I managed however in my lazy stupor to tinker some more on my website and added Maestros James Hannigan and Jason Graves to the film composer compendium that I am building. I then watched a very disturbing film called Sleepers starring Robert De Niro, Kevin Bacon, Brad Pitt, and Dustin Hoffman. It's about four boys who live in New York City area and get into trouble and because of that are sent to a reform school where they are beaten and raped multiple times by the guards. It isn't a light film, and is very dark and disturbing. I had no idea what I was walking into, but only saw the cast and thought that it would be good. For the most part it was, but I don't know how often I'd watch it; that kind of material is pretty heavy to see constantly and I put up with it enough in reality hearing about it to the kids that I work with. John Williams did the music which was a pleasant surprise, and it wasn't half bad. A good film, but not one I'd watch that much, or if even again. There was my day, and now I say goodnight and sleep in the hopes that my somewhat stable life does not come crashing down around me over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment