Friday, April 15, 2011

Pizza, Beer, and Grandma.


Well you had to be there in order to understand the grandma part, but I went to a co-worker's place to have home made pizza which was delicious beyond words and I stuffed myself as much as I could take; I'm still full from all of the good eating. I hope everyone loved my cheesecake for dessert, it actually turned out very good with no cracks in it whatsoever; always fantastic when that happens. It was a good time with good food and company. Thanks Erin and Adrienne for such a lovely time and congratulations Adrienne for getting into graduate school; I hope to be following in your footsteps one day. Today I also made some chocolate chip cookies for my writing group for Monday, and I finally found the time to write up a 2011 Summer Blockbuster Preview like I have been doing for the past two years. This year we have a lot of good titles to see being released, although most of them are comic book related, but then there is also the last part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which promises to be one hell of a finish ten years later. The summer blockbuster season kicks off with a highly anticipated film for me; THOR which is directed by a great British actor and director, and it has a fantastic cast, so hopefully it'll be a win-win situation. While I was making cookies and cleaning up the kitchen afterwards I was watching the Disney classic of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I have loved since I was a young boy. It is a great book written by Jules Verne, and the film which Walt Disney crafted still remains timeless and enjoyable. I was actually surprised with how good the special effects looked for being an older film. Work begins again tomorrow, so hopefully there aren't any surprises for me on the cottage porch when I get to work bright and early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment