Friday, April 29, 2011

A New British Princess.


No I didn't wake up bright and early to watch the wedding live. I caught the replays and summations on Youtube and MSNBC. I would like to extend formal congratulations to now Prince William and Princess Kate of Wales; I hope to God that they have a lovely marriage and continual enjoyment of each other's company as they age and bear children. It's an interesting time to be a young adult in the world, from my point of view. An incredible wave of democratic yearning is sweeping across the Middle East, the world is seemingly on the verge of a never-ending, yet never fulfilling economic breakdown, people of all countries are getting fed up with their governments; it is just a remarkable time to be alive and cognitively aware of what is happening all over the globe. I mean, how often does a young person such as myself get to blog about a royal wedding, and I still remember that day when former Princess Diana died in that car crash. Now the boys are all grown up. Sorry I was feeling a little nostalgic. I grew up in farm land Wisconsin and now living in San Diego, the world seems much bigger and always growing. Aside from the wedding bells (still most likely ringing in the prince and princess' heads) it was a very average day for me. I did my usual routines and then baked some cookies which of course turned out fantastically (chocolate chip and snickerdoodle). I happened across the new Transformers: Dark of the Moon Trailer which looks incredible, albeit confusing as to what precisely is on the moon that attacks earth and why, but I suppose I'll find out in July. I watched this film called Love in the Time of Cholera which was lent to me by a co-worker. Apparently the book it is based off of is quite good, but I didn't really care for the film. Ordinarily I love Javier Bardem, but he came off to me as very weak and...boring. It was an interesting film, and something I would not have thought Mike Newell would have directed, but I don't know if I'd ever watch it again. Perhaps I'll read the book someday. Alas I did no writing, except for a few pages for the audio drama. I'm hoping that I'll have it finished by the end of May so that I can concentrate all of my energy on my other projects that I should be working on. Back to work once more, Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more..."

No comments:

Post a Comment