Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Sleep!


Who would have thought that at 8pm this evening I would feel like falling asleep; certainly not me. I don't know why I have been so tired lately, but it is very frustrating indeed. I want more sleep and my body seems to think that I need it, but I don't know why my body believes it needs it so. I haven't been out of my regular sleeping regimen or anything like that. Very annoying. The day was quite boring. Did a lot of cleaning, was on the computer for a while, and then watched Sherlock Holmes (the new one). Man I love that film; great cast, great story, great music, and honestly I just love Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did an amazing job when he crafted the ultimate sleuth, and although Robert Downey Jr. is completely amazing he is a different type of Sherlock Holmes than ever existed before, so he stands apart from those who have played Holmes. In my mind, Jeremy Brett will always be the Sherlock Holmes that Doyle had in mind when he wrote the character. The great British actor has the mannerisms down, the speech, the attitude, and the look; he really is Sherlock Holmes. It was a fairly blah day, but somewhat productive although none of it had to do with writing. I figured that I earned a day off from writing. Tomorrow though, it is back to the grindstone. It is true that there is no rest for the wicked, but that is especially true of the diligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment