Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Map Away.


Although I didn't get any writing done today, I was able to work on and complete the rough sketch for a map that is going to be featured in book 2 of my fantasy trilogy. My map maker friend gave me some really good advice on how to address the whole proximity issue and after that all of the locations were pretty much how I imagined them on the map. Now I have two maps left to finish for my sequel and then I can send them off to be fine tuned by the awesome map maker Jared Penland, who is also one heck of a good science teacher for jr. high kids. Aside from doing that, which took longer then you would think and making a run to the grocery, today was fairly unproductive. I had two conversations on the phone that combined lasted well over 2 hours, so that sucked up some valuable time, and of course I had to be lazy on the computer for a while. During dinner I watched Murder by Numbers which starred Sandra Bullock and Ryan Gosling. There were other actors, but those were the two that I wanted to see the most. I enjoyed both of them and their characters, and the film had great potential, but I expected more sociopathic tendencies out of the wannabe killers, especially the one that was apparently the book smarter of the two. I however was irritatingly disappointed, and the ending was quite anti-climactic, but Bullock was very good. I tend to like her in every film that I have seen her in. You know, I'd really like to see her play a cunning villain since she's always the hero of the story, which she does amazingly well, but it would be quite something to see the flip side of that. FYI for all of you British Royal fans out there, don't forget to mark your calendars for April 29th for the British Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate; it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment