Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"I Would Have Loved to See Montana."


Today was very much like any other day. I was lazy, did my usual routines, and even did some writing today. Nothing very special though. I added Howard Shore to my series of film composers (Howard Shore Music Page), tinkered around on my website and then wrote some more of that strange story about the kid who's kind of gone down the rabbit hole so to speak. I also went to a talent show at work that the SED's put on and it was quite....interesting to say the least. I have to hand it to many of those kids, they aren't afraid to make themselves look like fools, and many of them possess a good deal of raw talent. The rest of the day went by fairly fast. Eventually come the evening I watched The Hunt For Red October which is one of the best modern submarine films I have ever seen. Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Sam Neil, Scott Glenn, and James Earl Jones create a stellar cast and the plot, characters, and story are enticing. It is also, in my opinion, the best Tom Clancy novel adapted to a film; it has real class and has stood the test of time. Basil Poledouris did an incredible job with the music, and is a favorite score of mine. It's hard to believe that it was released in 1989, twenty-two years ago when I was only three years old. Wow how time flies, and I grew up watching this film. You know, that is what this generation is lacking, good war films. The weird thing is though, we have all of this conflict around us and Hollywood can't seem to make any good films out of it, and with the Soviet Union all we had was a cold war. I think I shall make a modern submarine story, although I don't know how I'm going to do that. At least I'll never run out of ideas to write about I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment