Friday, April 8, 2011

Crisis Averted?


Well for now it seems as if the U.S. government isn't going to be shut down. The actors and liars in Washington D.C have managed to find a common ground compromise for now. Who knows what the future holds, but I am very, very thankful that nothing was shut down. For those of you who sent your prayers and positive energy that direction thank you most emphatically. Today was lovely for the most part and even productive. I had some relaxing fun and did some work as well. I went to Target and picked up Voyage of the Dawn Treader which is the 3rd Narnia film, and my favorite of the three thus far theatrically released. I watched that after I was finished eating my dinner and reading the Wall-Street Journal, I know that I'm acting like an "old" person. I had a co-worker who is one of the program social workers ask me how old I was at the work meeting the other day. She was a little surprised when I told her that I was only 25 years old, and commented that I act very mature/odd for my age. Whereas most people my age party and act crazy apparently, I do not. All of those things simply have no appeal for me, and I've never been drunk; the most I've had to drink at one time was two shots of gin over ice. It wasn't even that tasty. Anyways. I was able to do some writing today. I wrote some more of that rabbit hole type short story starring a young boy and some rather strange companions. It is actually really cool and the ideas just keep coming; it is going to be fantastic when I am finished with it. I also wrote some of the story for my friend's radio drama. You know it's really different writing for something that will be all audio; you only hear stuff, so all of this detail that I want to add I really don't need to. There's a long road ahead, but it'll be good when I'm finished with it all. I watched Voyage of the Dawn Treader and it was as splendid, humorous, and breathtaking as I remember it. I don't know why people didn't like it that much. I believe it is much better than the first two and encourage everyone to watch it if they like those kinds of films. I particularly like how they designed the sea snake at the end. A pity all of you couldn't have smelled the delicious chocolate chip cookies that I made for a co-worker; it was quite scrumptious. Well I hope the world keeps spinning and everyone let's keep that positive energy going and see if we can't direct it towards the Middle East to help those people find their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment