Sunday, March 20, 2011

Smoked Laundry Anyone?

My job always seems to be filled with little adventures no matter what. While doing chores with our SED's this morning, my co-worker washed some laundry in the laundry room. Well, to say the least when I went into the laundry room to get something I could smell smoke (burnt metal) and I had my co-worker verify what I was smelling to make certain that I wasn't crazy. After she agreed with me I went to try and look for the source and since the lightbulb was out, I had to make do with a flashlight. When I couldn't find anything, I opened the washer and was greeted by a plume of smoke. To say the least, I immediately turned the washer off and unplugged it. So for the remainder of the day I did laundry in housekeeping, which was of course a nice long walk from the cottage. I suppose I got my exercise. The SED's were in general really good, except for one who although he can be a fantastic kid, he is also one of the whiniest and most frustrating at times for me to work with. Somehow I am able to do a really good job of working with him, but today I found my limit at last. Tomorrow should be interesting as this one SED tends to act out major behaviors on Mondays, but since he had a small episode after arriving back from a pass, perhaps he'll be fine. Good night everyone. I'm going to watch some Merlin and get some much needed sleep, and definitely sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment