Friday, March 4, 2011

No Peopling Allowed.


Isn't that the most ridiculous title in the world, well maybe. I stole it from Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks which is a fantastic film and a classic of course. Today I felt more like myself and much better, perhaps some additional sleep was very helpful in that regard. Aside from doing my usual oblutions in the morning, I went back to where I graduated college from, San Diego Christian College, to see an old friend of mine. Little did I know that I would be seeing multiple old friends and professors while I was there. It was actually wonderful to see all of them again, catch up, and to spend time with good, wholesome people that don't stress me out or purposefully try to make me feel uncomfortable just for a laugh. It was a good day. Even though I was only able to edit a part of a chapter for book 2, in my defense it was a long chapter and this part I had to add some stuff because I forgot to write in a character during the latter part of the book. I don't know how I forgot that when writing it, but there you go. Anything else writing related I decided that I just didn't want to do anything else. This week wasn't the best for writing, but that's life. Sometimes you get a lot done and sometimes you don't. I watched Donnie Darko and have one phrase to sum it all up.... "demon bunny." I have never seen a demonic rabbit, but I must admit that it was kind of cool albeit quite unique. I was a littl creeped out about the whole thing at first, but then it didn't bother me after that. I have worked with some kids who've had some difficulties that are similar to his, at least in them being delusional and hallucinations. This kid though, he saw owls instead of rabbits, and he thought he was one deep inside and belived that he had an owl father who would take him away to his owl library in the middle of the desert (I think he said the desert was somewhere in Arizona) and transform him into an owl. The kid was fifteen years old, and for the most part he was a good kid until he began acting crazy and going off. Going back to Donnie Darko. It was an interesting film that had a lot of potential, but in the end it was very weird, didn't really explain itself leaving the viewer really confused, and it was lacking cohesiveness between all of the characters. And honestly, some things just didn't make sense. I guess it might be one of those films that you have to see a number of times in order for it to make sense. I didn't really like it, but it wasn't because it was necessarily terrible...I suppose it comes down to taste and style, and confusing films a lot of times are just that. Well work tomorrow and the next few days after that. I'm actually looking forward to it. Let's see if I'm still saying that come Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment