Friday, February 11, 2011

Two Households Alike.....


....In dignity, in fair Verona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean...." That was part of the opening Prologue to "Romeo and Juliet" and no I didn't see the play, but I saw the extraordinary ballet. It was the first ballet I'd ever seen, such are the advantages of living in San Diego versus Wisconsin. I wish I had balance like those individuals do, I don't think I'd ever trip merely by standing. All of the dancing, I suppose that is what it is called, was fantastic which combined with the music of Sergei Prokofiev was exhilerating. Two performances stood out for me; Mercutio played by Trystan Loucado and Tybalt played by Marshall Whiteley. These two men performed excellently; Trystan was humorous yet serious when his character needed to be and it came through really well in his performance. Marshall was awesome as I guess the villain, now he had a great costume. The darkness that his character exhuded was....AWESOME! He actually looked like Ben Barnes from Chronicles of Narnia I thoughy oddly enough. The people who played Romeo & Juliet were good (Maxim Tchernychev & Abby Avery), but I tend not to like the pure of heart characters very much; not very easy for me to be sympathetic towards them., but they did a phenomenal job. Anyways. It was a great show and now I want to see more ballet! All of that happened in the latter part of the evening, but before that I made a red velvet cake which I am going to frost after I write this. My roommate is growing old again this weekend, so he wanted that kind of cake with cream cheese frosting. It actually looks fabulous so far, especially for my first time making the cake. The rest of the day I ran errands and fiddled around on the computer, and I edited another chapter from book 2. I'm actually passed the 300 page marker now and so if I keep pushing then I may get the rest of the book edited before February is over! That would be a relief. For our Oscar analysis tonight we have......Best Documentary Feature: Exit Through the Gift Shop, Gasland, Inside Job, Restrepo, and Waste Land. Well this category is always uncertain since I usually know nothing about the nominees. During the Oscars as they're reviewing the nominees I'm able to come to a decision, but since that won't happen I'm going to go with....Restrepo that I want to win and Gasland for the Academy to choose. Visit http://www.oscar.com/ for info on the various documentaries. Back to work this weekend and soon shortly time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment