Wednesday, February 2, 2011

He Had It Coming!


An interesting title I suppose but individuals familiar with the musical Chicago will recognize it as a title to one of the songs, one which I thoroughly enjoyed. I think it was actually my favorite song on the score. Anyways. I don't know if it is obcvious, but I watched Chicago tonight and wrote a review of it. I liked it, even the music. It had a boring start (minus All That Jazz) but then after Queen Latifah had her song it picked up; that woman knows how to add spice to something. Earlier in the day I was feeling more productive than usual and so I wrote a review of the score for Voyage of the Dawn Treader by David Arnold. I've been meaning to do it for a while and so there it is. Even though he's renowned for composing the music for all of the recent James Bond films, he is a very able film composer. Since I've finished Damages, Farscape, and am waiting for the next DVD for Dexter (there's a long wait on Netflix) I had to find something else to watch in the meantime. So I chose Battlestar Galactica and we'll see where it goes. I watched the old show when it was on and loved it, but this series looks like it could be good, but we'll see. The pilot episode (the first part) was like 96 minutes which I had no clue when I began watching it and kept wondering why the episode wasn't wrapping up and then I realized that it was forever long and apparently the next episode is the same way. It should hopefully at least be diverting. I was even able to edit another chapter in my book today as well! See I told ya; I do all of my productivity in chunks and then stop. So carrying on with our Oscar nominations we will be looking at Actor in a Leading Role: Javier Bardem (Biutiful), Jeff Bridges (True Grit), Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Colin Firth (The King's Speech), James Franco (127 Hours). Of course I want Colin Firth to win but I think........I really think that Colin will win because the first two have already won an Oscar, and the latter two are boys who have a very productive future, but are still young. Firth is getting up there and I think he's deserving of one. All of the nominess are well deserving great actors (although I still think of The Social Network as a teenie bopper film, and therefore think...less of anything having to do with it). We'll see though if the Academy agrees with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment