Friday, February 4, 2011

The Force is with Me.


The entire set of days off that I had have been a balance of fun and work for the most part; which I suppose should always be that way. Today for example was productive and relaxing at the same time; if I could achieve that all of the time then it would be awesome! I was able to finish working on a short story The Sword and the Shield: A Heart Turned to War which is a modern war story. I've been thinking of different things to write lately than what I have been and my mind turned to the films that were produced during WWII. A favorite past time that my father and I would do would be to watch WWII war films, particularly submarine films. I still enjoy such films and things associated with war and history, so I thought to myself, "what is defining a lot of the culture at the moment and the way people think?" The answer of course was armed conflict. I find the idea of exploring the different types of people that are affected by war very interesting and fodder for heart wrenching and touching stories. Therefore I'm going to write a set of personal stories about people who in some way are touched or affected by armed conflict violence. I think this first one turned out fairly well, the next one should be interesting. With the first two I'm going to present opposite ways of thinking and lifestyles; we'll see if I can get people to think and question. That's what I love to get people to do. Anyways. I also was able to edit another chapter in my book! It's amazing. I almost edited a chapter every day that I had off, which may sound bad as a writer in the middle of editing his book, but it is really good for me. I hope that pace lasts next week. Now I need to start editing that screenplay. So tonight for Oscar time we have Actress in a Leading Role: Annette Bening (The Kids are Alright), Nicole Kidman (Rabbit Hole), Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone), Natalie Portman (Black Swan), Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine). I would like Natalie Portman to win and I think she might also win; her performance in Black Swan was good and intense and just what the Academy is looking for. It is also possible that Michelle Williams will also win, but I have my money on Natalie Portman. Portman was the only performance that I saw, so I might be biased and unaware but...I can't watch them all. Back to work tomorrow and beginning the entire cycle all over again. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment