Monday, February 28, 2011

The End of a Long Month.


I don't know about the rest of you all, but for me February seemed like a really long month. I know that January has more days than February, but still it seemed longer and I don't really know why. Anyways. Work went really well and writing group also went really well too; I had 14 kids in my group, which is a new record for my group. We watched the Wizard of Oz because I felt that since it was based off a book, and has singing in it, that it would be perfect to introduce poetry. A lot of modern writers and poets I've heard believe that lyrics from music are the new form of poetry, or at least a form. I'm hoping that if I can get them to listen to a range of songs and have them pay attention to the lyrics that might help them write poetry, or at least understand it. If I can plant a seed in their heads than hopefully someone else will come along and water it and reap the rewards. One of my brightest writing SED's is leaving this week and so this was his last writing group. Despite the fact that he was occasionally wretched, I must admit that I will miss him and his instigating and whiny ways. His humor was often as dark as mine, and we had some common interests. Well I got home and found my roommate present and awake, along with some his very, very uniquely strange friends. We chatted once he dispersed them and it actually went well and there weren't any heads rolling or any foul language utilized. He was actually very understanding and apologetic. So he's either speaking the truth or he's one hell of a sociopath and therefore liar. Hopefully it's the first. If I had the time and energy I'd pick my people for best dressed for the Oscars, but I'm hungry and tired so I'm going to watch some Battlestar Galactica or Law & Order SVU and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment