Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back-Up Terrors.


Today was a fairly normal day. I got up and did my normal routine, and then did some lazy computer playing for a while before sitting down and editing book 2. As I was starting up my ancient lap-top computer (I think it may be over nine years old) it wasn't starting up for a while. It took me quite a bit of patience and of pressing the start button to get it to start up. To my relief it turned on and I was able to edit my book on it, but I wondered how much longer the computer was going to hold out for me. I thus, after editing the book chapter which was phenomenal and went spectacularly, began to back up my vast music collection onto CDs which took a very, very, very long time. I think I may have even pushed the antiquated piece of equipment a little too far because it stopped writing a CD in the middle of the writing process, it became very sluggish, and it was very hot. Hopefully it'll still work tomorrow and I can get everything else off it. If not then it worked great while it was alive. Anyways. If you have something old, you might want to back everything up while you still can. While I was backing up my music I watched Empire of Dreams which is a Star Wars documentary about how George Lucas began from nothing and soon had everything he pretty much yearned for. It's a great documentary, and I of course love the whole saga so it made the boorish process of backing up data enjoyable somewhat. I eventually sat down and wrote a review on the 10,000 B.C. Score and posted it on my website http://www.escapistnow.com/ and was actually surprised with how well done the film score was for newcomer Harald Kloser. Our Oscar Nominations continue with Best Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland, I Am Love, The King's Speech, The Tempest, and True Grit. I never saw The Tempest but the costumes from what I remember seeing in the previews looked fantastic. However, I am a fan of Tim Burton so I am going to go for wanting Alice in Wonderland to win and the Academy to pick The Tempest. If either won it would be fine by me. The others...well...I suppose so, but the costumes don't have much original design to them like something fantastical would. I'm finishing the night with a bit of Sherlock and we'll see if Professor Moriarty rears his head around before the end of the first season

No comments:

Post a Comment