Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And The Nominations Are.......?


.....Well it is Oscar time once again. Unfortunately since I work on Sundays I won't be able to catch the show, but apparently I didn't miss too much from what I heard from the previous show almost a year ago. This year will mark the second time that many films have been nominated for best picture, although I think it is a rather stupid idea. After all, how possible is it that Toy Story 3 is going to snatch the Oscar for best picture? I'm going to go through all of the nominations so tonight we're going to start with the films that have been nominated for best picture: Black Swan, The Fighter, Inception, The Kids are Alright, The King's Speech, 127 Hours, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, True Grit, and Winter's Bone. Of these 10 features I have seen 5 of them. If I was to choose which one I wanted to win an Oscar it would be....The King's Speech. If I was to choose what I thought would win the award I am leaning towards...either Black Swan or The Fighter. On average Hollywood likes to award dark, grisly, and heavily sexual films regardless oftentimes if they're any good. For the most part the Oscars assembled a good set of nominations but I don't know why some of them are up there like The Social Network and Toy Story 3. The first always struck me as a "teenie bopper" film and the latter is a kids film with a terrible title, although the movie was good. I really hope the The King's Speech wins, which has a total of 12 nominations by the way which is actually a good sign. Some of the other films that I didn't see I am not certain what they're all about but best of luck to them. Today I got up and had breakfast with a good friend/associate of mine and actually got to show off my book a little to some of the people in the restaurant which was cool. For the rest of the time I was ridiculously lazy and did absolutely nothing. Oh yeah, one other thing I'm going to try and start to do is every Tuesday that there is a new episode of The Clone Wars I'm going to do a short review of it. This past episode was really cool, Overlords. I won't go into details this Tuesday as I'll start next week, but I really liked it and I also like the artistic and dramatic direction that the series is going; for this series less is always more. Well, until tomorrow; may the Force be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment