Friday, February 18, 2011

2 Year Anniversary!!!!!


When I moved to San Diego back in 2009 I didn't have a job, nor did I get one until October of that very year. I lived on the money that I made working at the psychiatric hospital back in Illinois, and I was very frugal; I've often thought about writing a book about how I was able to save and spend money wisely for ten months in San Diego without any real additional income. Anyways, during that time I was writing a lot and it was in those first two months of the year that I designed and then launched my website: http://www.escapistnow.com/ Now I am still working on it two years later. There had been other things that I had done and tried to do and keep going, but they always failed. Creating and then maintaining this website was a point of no return for me; once I started it I would never allow myself to let it fall by the wayside. And I have pushed and pulled myself these couple of years to keep it going despite personal stress and difficulties. At first it was difficult to convince myself to keep the website going and continue to write new material since the numbers stayed very low for quite some time, and of course I have no business or marketing skills whatsoever. However, over time more and more people began to visit and not just in the U.S.A. but also globally to the point where over 98 different countries and territories have visited my site. I am thrilled beyond belief and I am hoping that as the years go on my site will continue to grow and improve, much like my writing. Thank you to those of you who read my blog and what I post on my site; it means a great deal for me. On with the show. I wrote and posted a film review of RED on my site, and I will echo what I said yesterday in that it is a good and fun film. I didn't get a chance to edit any of book 2 today, but I admit that I can't do everything. I spent a good portion of the day performing checks and maintenance on my website for today's little celebration. One day I'll really be able to do something grand for something like the 10 year anniversary. I watched quite a bit of Battlestar Galactica and moved onto season 2. I think I'm completely hooked now. The show is interesting, thought provoking, and the characters are entrancing and totally addicting. I don't know if I've ever felt this much empathy for characters on a television show before; now that is good writing. The Oscars are a little boring tonight, but I guess if you were one of the nominees maybe not so much. And the Nominees for Best Animated Short Film are: Day & Night, The Gruffalo, Let's Pollute, The Lost Thing, and Madagascar: a Journey Diary. Now I have absolutely no clue what is what, but The Lost Thing looks interesting so I'll go for that. I'll be stereotypical and predict that the Academy will give the award to Let's Pollute. There it is. I hope you all have a restful night and a fantastic day tomorrow, for I will be tirelessly working away dealing with SED children all day for the weekend. May the Force be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment