Friday, January 7, 2011

Once More Unto the Breach.


Vacation and days off have come and gone and now my mother is returning to the frozen midwest of the U.S.A and I am returning back to work. It feels like I've been gone forever, or rather at least a lengthy time. Seeing the kids should be.....an enthusiastic adventure. Yes I know that I didn't get any writing accomplished this week, but even writing this blog every night has been a constant battle. There were times when I was so tired and just not feeling it where I had to make myself do it, and that is what I've found writing to be like. Relentless discipline and forcing oneself to sit down and write even when you don't want to; do that long enough and you're sure to have a book on your hands eventually. Saw the King's Speech this past evening with my mother and I enjoyed it. Over the next couple of days I will get around to reviewing it, but if you have the opportunity to see it then you should. Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, & Helena Bonham-Carter were fantastic. It is sad to see my mother go, and I wish she lived out here, but perhaps with all of the distance that is why we get along so well. Family is good; treasure it deeply, especially if you have a whole one together that everyone truly and genuinely cares about each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment