Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Odd Balance.


Today was a rather interesting combination of productivity and relaxing. I played some computer games for a little bit and then did a good bit of writing on this short story that I've had recently floating about in my brain. I'm not certain how it's going to turn out, but it should be interesting. I wasn't able to satisfactorily complete it, so I'll probably be posting it tomorrow or so. A co-worker came over to my apartment and we made home made potato pasta called....well I know how to say it but I'm not quite certain how to spell it. It took us forever to do everything. We boiled potatoes, mashed them and then made them into dough which we then rolled out and made individual pastas which we then chilled for a while and then cooked. Eventually we were able to make enough to have a monstrous feast. We also made a positively scrumpscious tomato based sauce which was to die for...oh my goodness it was fabulous. I think I'm going to be making my own sauces more frequently from now on. While we made dinner we watched this film called White Oleander and it was actually really good. The only bummer was that we were cooking so I wasn't able to watch the entire thing without my attention being split. I was hoping to edit some of my second book, but I just didn't have the time and energy to even do much besides think of it. Well I'm going to watch more of season 2 of Damages and hopefully my brain won't go on overload. That show is so intense; if you like excellent drama like Dexter, Law & Order S.V.U. and The Tudors then you'll like Damages. Oh yeah, and happy birthday to my mother; she's looking younger and younger every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment