Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jade.

I have a new fascination with Jade. My mother and I went to this one museum today which wasn't far from my apartment; it was small and intimate but really cool. Their collection was mainly from the Americas, but they had a small selection from Asia, and particularly China. There was this massive Jade sculpture of a Chinese ship and I took a picture with my phone, but like an imbecile I forgot my camera. Oh well, I suppose I'll go back some time and take pictures. It was really, really cool; the details were incredible. So now I am all about Jade, well I think so at least; what I saw at the museum that was made of Jade was extremely cool. There were also many other things at the museum that were cool, but they also had these mounted heads of different animals which were cool. Some deer from Africa have some very HUGE heads. Who'd ever have thought. The rest of the day was relaxing and we went and had dinner with some friends of mine who are essentially my second family out here in San Diego. No writing save for this blog. Hope you all are enjoying the New Year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment